Choosing a WordPress theme is a very difficult part of blogging because sometimes we can’t decide, which WordPress theme is best for our website. You can also read Web Hosting Buying Guide And Choose Best Web Hosting For Blog.
So in this article, I will share with you a 5 Top WordPress Themes “Fast”, “Responsive”, “User-Friendly”, “LightWeight” and at the last of the article, we will choose one theme which is best for our website.
What are the important factors you should know before choosing one of the fastest and responsive WordPress theme for your website? You can also read about Top Web Hosting Providers and Which One Is Best For You.
This article will help you choose the best, fastest, and responsive WordPress theme to launch a fast loading, SEO-optimized and highly customizable WordPress Website or Blog.
The exactly right theme for WordPress will ensure that your website is fast, secure and reliable at all times and at the same time provide an optimal user experience which in turn helps attract more organic traffic. You can also read Domain Name Buying Guide Step By Step.
What to look for in a Fast WordPress Theme?
LightWeight And Speed
The first point you just need to check that is Theme Weight and Speed. Nobody likes a slow website loading. It directly affects your user experience, increases website bounce rates, and reduces conversions and sales.
Both Google and Facebook have emphasized the importance of fast-loading web pages, and now prefer websites and stories (web pages) that can load faster.
SEO Studies have shown that the bounce rate increases by 40%-50% for each additional 1-second increase in page speed. Also, users visit 5.7 pages more when page load time is 2 seconds compared to 8 seconds.
According to Google, Pagespeed is also an important search engine ranking factor for (SEO).
As you know, there are many reasons to make sure your website loads quickly. Any WordPress theme you choose to install on your website should ensure that it requires minimal resources and loads extremely fast.
Flexible Customization Features
When you build your website and add more functionality, your theme should give you the options to customize and personalize your website based on your needs or your client’s needs).
Your requirements will change over time as you scale your business, and its important to ensure that the WordPress theme is feature-rich, and you’re also easily able to add more customization, content, and updates to your site over time.
Most WordPress themes include the option to download or create a child theme. The benefit of installing and using a child theme is that it helps you speed up your website development efforts. It is also useful if you are constantly updating your website and adding new plugins and features.
Page Builder Compatibility
Not so long website-building was a laborious, time-consuming, and expensive task that required tons of coding. You had to be proficient in HTML, CSS, PHP, to build a functional website or blog, and as usually required the help of an experienced developer for building a professional website.
However, that has all changed thanks to the rise of WordPress page builders plugins.
Website developers and designers can now create and launch websites incredibly quickly, and as a result of this are now creating lots of customers and generating more revenue.
There are many page builders on the market right now, and you have to ensure that any WordPress theme is compatible with the page builders you choose for your website.
Plugin Compatibility Switch to Block Editor
In addition to the theme, your WordPress website requires a slew of WordPress plugins such as “Yoast SEO or Rank Math for SEO”, “WP Rocket or W3 Total Cache for caching”, LearnDash plugin for course-creation, etc.
All WordPress themes you choose must be compatible with the most popular WordPress plugin you will use as per your needs.
Any WordPress theme you install should have the necessary information to help you install and customize the design and use that software, Installation Guide, adequate documentation, tutorials, FAQ, and support forums.
If you purchase a premium version of any WordPress, you can expect personalized 1/1 on email support and in some cases live chat support as well.
So below is a list of themes in the table which we will discuss in detail also we will discuss these themes PROS & CONS.
You can use all these themes for free but they will be with limited functions. If you need more functionality, so you have to buy the paid version.
Top WordPress Themes
|Theme Name||Developer||Active Installations||Pro Version Price (USD)|
GeneratePress is the No.1 theme in our list because it’s a very lightweight, responsive, and fast theme also it’s choice of most popular bloggers.
In my blogging career, I have seen this theme on many popular websites Including myself and also there are many reviews available about this theme on many popular blogs.
I also really like GeneratePress due to its simplicity and lightweight fast speed also this theme have lots of customization options.
Why I Recommend GeneratePress
I’m sharing two different website speed test screenshots here. When I took this test, both of my websites were hosted on NameCheap Shared Hosting Servers.
Surprisingly, This is the cheapest package at the moment and is called the “Stellar Package”, where I can host 3 websites with 20GB Disk Space.
So here, You can see below screenshots and you can imagine that what is getting such a good speed is because of the GeneratePress theme and Autoptimize cache plugin.
The other website I am sharing with you has about 150 posts at the moment and it has a lot of plugins installed as well as Google ads placed on everywhere.
In this case, get such a good speed of the website, this is only possible when your web hosting server is more power full but you can see my screenshot below I have managed website speed with a basic shared hosting server using the GeneratePress theme.
- Page Builder Compatibility. Works with Elementor, Beaver Builder.
- Plugin Compatibility. Yes, It’s built using the WordPress coding standards and will work with WordPress plugins.
- WooCommerce Compatibility. Only the premium version has additional customization options for WooCommerce / eCommerce.
- Responsiveness. Yes, it works very well across all devices. Also, compatible with Autoptimize for caching and minification.
- SEO Optimized. Yes, Validated HTML, built-in schema structured data.
- Customizations. Yes, Compatible with WordPress customizer with real-time live preview makes editing easier.
GeneratePress is a highly-customizable theme and there are many options available to customize the theme (colors, typography, fonts, sidebar, headers, footers, featured image) ETC.
Additional customizations are available in the premium version. WooCommerce customization for an online store, advanced menu options, additional color options, additional blog options and more.
- Child Theme — Yes, you can also download a child theme.
- Multilingual Support — Yes, the GeneratePress theme is translated in over 20+ languages and supports RTL languages (Right-to-Left).
Speed and Performance:
We have checked the speed of the page on one of their demo sites (https://generatepress.com/site-library/ ), and we got the following results as you can see below images.
Without installing a caching or Minification plugin.
GeneratePress has a clean code, and the default WordPress install is less than 30kb size. It only loads the scripts that are required.
When the Autoptimize plugin is installed, it reduces the amount of CSS and JS files being loaded on each page and that will also make a huge difference to your website page speed.
- Free — Generate Press is a free theme you can download it from WordPress Theme Library
- GP Premium — You can buy it at $49.95/year and use it in Unlimited websites with 1 Year of updates and support.
- When you renew its yearly update and support you will get a 40% renewal discount i.e. annual support after the first year will be $29.97.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Complete Knowledgebase, documentation available.
- Dedicated priority support forums where you create a post regarding your problem.
- Email support is also available.
Astra Theme is a 2nd number theme on our list because Astra is a lightweight, fast, cache managed theme also the most profitable benefit of Astra is that they offer lots of free ready-made templates with the free version.
Key Features Of Astra:
- Page Builder Compatibility. Compatible with all page builders ( Elementor, Gutenberg, Beaver Builder, Brizy, Visual Composer, Divi, SiteOrigin). Additional integrations or add-ons are available for Elementor and Beaver Builder.
- Plugin Compatibility. Yes, it works with mostly WordPress plugins. Additional Integrations with LearnDash, LifterLMS, Toolbox.
- WooCommerce Compatibility. Yes, Both versions of Astra (free) and (Pro) are compatible with WooCommerce.
- Astra comes with pre-built with breadcrumb functionality which helps us provide simpler user navigation for our eCommerce websites.
Additional WooCommerce customization options come in Astra Pro. Gallery options, Grid settings, infinite scroll, Off-canvas sidebar, a dropdown cart, sales bubble styles, distraction-free checkout, and many more customizations.
- Responsiveness. Astra is a Fully responsive, the theme works well on mobile and tablet devices.
- SEO Optimized. Yes, the Astra theme comes with built-in schema markups making it an SEO friendly theme. Also, it integrates with popular SEO plugins (RankMath, Yoast SEO, Breadcrumb NavXT,).
- Customizations. Yes, fully customized with WordPress customizer with real-time live-preview makes editing easier.
Astra is fully customizable with there are many options like (Layout, Color, Typography, Blogs and Archives, headers, footers, widgets, menus) ETC.
The premium version of Astra includes additional customization options with 800+ Google fonts, enhanced color customization options, multiple header designs, multiple blog layouts, flexible footer layouts, white-labeling option.
- Child Theme. Yes, you can also download the Astar child theme.
- Multilingual Support. Astra is both translation and RTL (Right-to-Left language) ready theme. It also allows you to translate your theme into many other languages simply by adding a Portable Object (PO) and Machine Object (MO) language file.
Speed and Performance:
Astra theme provides a clean and performance-optimized code that ensures make your theme blazingly-fast loading times.
And the theme Weighing in at less than 50KB, compared to 300kb for mostly WordPress themes, means load times are as low as approx 0.5 seconds.
We have checked the speed of the page on one of their demo sites (https://websitedemos.net/outdoor-adventure-02/), and we got the following results as you can see below images.
Without installing a caching or Minification plugins.
Astra is a free theme with paid options (Yearly and Lifetime Membership).
- Astra Pro annual price is $59/year; Includes 20+ free starter templates.
- Mini Agency Bundles. $169/year; Includes 55+ agency starter templates, WP Portfolio Plugin.
- Agency Bundles. $249/year; Includes 55+ agency starter templates, WP Portfolio Plugin.
Astra Lifetime Pricing:
- Astra Pro fir lifetime. $249/one-time; Includes 20+ free starter templates.
- Mini Agency Bundles. $499/one-time; Includes 55+ agency starter templates, WP Portfolio Plugin.
- Agency Bundle. $699/one-time; Includes 55+ agency starter templates, WP Portfolio Plugin.
The Mini Agency bundle and Agency bundle users (both annual and lifetime pricing) will also get additional plugins with their purchases.
WP Portfolio Plugin, Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder, Ultimate Addons for Elementor, Convert Pro Plugin, Schema Pro Plugin, access to SkillJet Academy, and any future plugins created by the Astra team.
Annual and lifetime pricing customers will get access our one-on-one support, extensive training program, and unlimited website usage. All purchases come with a risk-free and 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Dedicated knowledge base in-depth articles, and video tutorials that explain each and every feature of Astra.
- 24/7 Dedicated email support with quick response.
- A dedicated Facebook Group with over 12,000+ active members.
I like the OceanWP theme due to its high customization options. OceanWP is one and only theme that provide more and more customization options with its free version.
I really like its customization with a free version, even than if you buy its premium version you get more customization options that will not be available in the free version.
Also, the OceanWP theme is specially designed for eCommerce and it has lots of eCommerce customizations as per your requirements.
So if you like more customization options, OceanWP is the best theme for you. Now let’s talk about its features.
- Page Builder Compatibility. OceanWP Works with most page builders (Elementor, Divi, Thrive Architect, BeaverBuilder, Brizy, Visual Composer, SiteOrigin, King Composer).
- Plugin Compatibility — Yes, OceanWP compatible with most WordPress plugins. There is also an integration with MailChimp.
- WooCommerce Compatibility. Yes, OceanWP compatible with WooCommerce, and it comes pre-built with enhancements to help build a smooth eCommerce experience. The out-of-the-box WooCommerce features (Product Quick View, Native Cart Popup, Off-Canvas Filter) removes the need to install additional WooCommerce extensions or add-ons.
- Responsiveness. Yes, its fully responsive theme, the theme works well on mobile and tablets device.
- SEO Optimized. Yes, Also, it is compatible with the popular WordPress plugin SEOPress, RankMath and Yoast SEO.
- Customizations. OceanWP works WordPress customizer with real-time live-preview makes editing easier.
OceanWP theme is fully-customizable and there are many options than others (Layout, Color, Typography, Blog, Headers, Footers, Archive, Widgets, Menus) ETC.
The premium version of OceanWP allows you to more customize and personalize your website (using the Core Extension Bundles.
- Child Theme. Yes, you can also download a child theme.
- Multilingual Support. Yes, OceanWP supports the Right-to-left language (RTL). Also compatible with popular language plugins (Weglot, WPML).
Speed and Performance:
We held a page speed test on one of their demo sites (https://destination.oceanwp.org/ ), and we got the following results without caching or minification plugins were installed.
The overall impression is that OceanWP is a fast-loading and fast theme that has great support for third-party plugins like (WooCommerce, Elementor, WPML, WEGLOT).
OceanWP is available for free with many customizations but with the paid version, you can get lots more customization. You can buy OceanWP with yearly and lifetime membership.
- Personal. $39/year for Single Website
- Business. $79/year for 3 Websites
- Agency. $129/year for 25 Websites
All yearly plans include 12 months of updates and support.
- Personal. $159/one-time for Single Website
- Business. $159/one-time for Single Website
- Agency. $159/one-time for Single Website
All lifetime plans include unlimited updates and support.
- All purchases (yearly and lifetime plans) include with 8 free extensions, 13 premium extensions, 13 free demo templates, and 60 Pro demo templates.
- All purchases (yearly and lifetime) also receive by a 14-days money-back guarantee.
Ocean WP Support:
- FAQ and Extensive Document.
- High Priority email support is included in the premium subscription plans.
Schema is officially sold and supported by the marketplace MyThemeShop.
Schema is the fastest loading, lightweight, and SEO friendly WordPress Theme from MyThemeShop including MyThemeShop customer option panel.
MyThemeShop all shortcodes and widgets, pixel perfect design.
The schema theme also includes rich snippets in order to help search engines to higher rank your website.
- Page Builder Compatibility. It Works well with Elementor Page Builder.
- Plugin Compatibility. Yes, the Schema theme is compatible with most 3rd-party plugins.
- WooCommerce Compatibility. Only the premium version of Schema theme has additional customization options for WooCommerce.
- Responsiveness. Yes, 100% responsive, so it works well on all devices and browsers.
- SEO Optimized. Yes, it comes pre-built with Rich Snippets (schema.org markup) support.
- Customizations. The MyThemeShop builtin customizer is installed when the theme is activated. It allows you to customize various elements of your website including typography, colors, background images, headers, footers, also social buttons, and more. The schema theme also has an option that lets you insert ads easily.
The Schema theme comes pre-packaged with 600+ Google fonts. It also includes multiple pagination options and a built-in AJAX search option.
- Child Theme. Yes, you also can download a child theme.
- Multilingual Support. Yes, the Schema theme is translation ready and supports Right-To-Left (RTL) languages.
Speed and Performance:
We conducted a page speed test on one of their demo sites (https://demo.mythemeshop.com/s/?theme=Schema), and we got the following results with No caching or minification plugin was installed.
The schema includes lazy loading and is built using Async JavaaSript, both scripts of which help page speed. There is also an option to enable or disable the cache prefetching option.
- Free — Schema is available for free with paid options.
- Premium – For Single Website — $45/year.
- Premium – For 3 Websites — $69/year.
- Premium – For Unlimited Websites — $87/year.
- All premium plans include 1 year of updates and support with a 30-days money-back guarantee.
- Extensive documentation and FAQ.
- Support Forum.
- 24x7x365 Premium technical support available via email.
- Page Builder Compatibility. It Works with most page builders like (Elementor, Divi, Gutenberg, Beaver Builder, Brizy, Visual Composer, SiteOrigin).
- Plugin Compatibility. This theme works with mostly WordPress plugins and also compatible with popular caching and minification plugins.
- WooCommerce Compatibility. Yes, The Hestia theme premium version provides enhanced WooCommerce customization options like cart icon, infinite scrolling, distraction-free checkout ETC.
- Responsiveness. Yes, it works well on multiple device types (Mobile, Tablets, PC).
- SEO Optimized. This theme has Built-in SEO optimization for better indexing and higher search rankings.
- Customizations. This theme has a WordPress customizer with real-time live-preview makes editing easier.
Hestia is a highly-customizable theme and there are many options (Layouts, Colors, Typography, Blog, Archives, Headers, Footers, Menus, Widgets).
Hestia theme provides you full control over the design and structure of menus. It also comes with a responsive mega menu, making it easier to edit and customize your submenu contents.
Hestia theme comes with additional customization options are available in the premium version like Video backgrounds, Additional sections (pricing plans, portfolio, ribbons, testimonials), enhanced Elementor and Divi page builder compatibility, additional WooCommerce customizations, white-labeling feature.
- Child Theme. Yes, you can also download a child theme.
- Multilingual Support. The plugin is translation ready and you can use any Right-to-text language (RTL). Also, compatible with popular language plugins (
- Polylang, Weglot, WPML,).
Speed and Performance:
We have tested and conducted a page speed test on one of their demo sites (https://themeisle.com/demo/?theme=Travel%20Agent), and we got the following results without any caching or minification plugin was installed.
Our overall impression is that Hestia Theme is ideally suited to build simple websites for small businesses and freelancers with many customization options.
Hestia is a free theme but you can buy a premium theme for more paid options (Yearly and lifetime membership).
- Personal — For Single Website $69/year.
- Business — For 3 Websites $129/year.
- Agency — For Unlimited Websites $199/year.
All yearly plans come with 12 months of updates and support.
- Personal — For Single Website $199/one-time.
- Business — For 3 Websites $299/one-time.
- Agency — For Unlimited Websites $599/one-time.
With all lifetime plans, you can receive unlimited updates and support.
- All premium plan purchases, both yearly and lifetime plans include Elementor add-ons and custom layouts.
- All purchases (yearly and lifetime) also receive by 30-days money-back guarantee.
- Knowledgebase, 300+ Product documentation also 200+ video tutorials available for you.
- Priority support provided via email; reply in 1 business day.
- The Agency Plan (yearly and lifetime membership) will also receive additional live chat support.
So I have described our selected theme’s review with page speed, Plugin compatibility, Page Builders compatibilities, Speed performance, and all the essentials.
So right now, Let me re-explain all the themes in a simple way.
1. GeneratePress – If you need a simple design with a lightweight and fast speed optimized theme then GeneratePress is an ideal theme for you. It is also the choice of many bloggers due to its simplicity and design and that the reason you got good speed.
2. Astra – If you are not an expert in coding and not even an expert in designing then Astra Theme is the best option for you because Astra Theme comes with many ready-made templates that are installed with a single click and make your website ready very easily.
3. OceanWP – If you prefer more designing and customizations then this theme is a great choice for you because OceanWP comes with more customizations options like Layouts, Color settings for every element, Header and Footer customizations, and much more.
In addition, OceanWP is the best theme for WooCommerce or eCommerce websites. So if you want to start your online store I highly recommend you use the OceanWP theme, because In this theme you will find many customization options for online store settings.
Rather, I would say that this theme is specially designed for the online store.
4. Schema – This is a clean, fast and SEO-Friendly WordPress theme specially designed for bloggers and entrepreneurs.
It comes with a good selection of features, including an in-built review system, Rich Snippets System, Related Posts customizations, and also multiple headers and footers layout and a variety of custom widgets for enriching your website.
In addition, this theme is specially designed for a Google Adsense Ad management module. So if your main source of earning is Google Adsense, you can easily manage Google ads on your website and earn a good income from this theme.
The Schema theme is also compatible with WooCommerce and even includes a streamlined eCommerce layout, making it a good option, if you want to have a shop section on your site.
5. Hestia – This theme is a perfect fit for corporate and creative purposes, as it provides a clean and flexible appearance, an elegant portfolio, and a catchy online shop.
The Hestia theme has a fully responsive design that will always remain a mobile-friendly theme. Hestia theme comes integrated with the free Orbit Fox plugin, that brings extra functionality to your website such as page builder-friendly templates.
So if you want to create a portfolio website or online store this theme is good for you.
We hope you understand well. However, if you have any further questions or concerns, you can ask in the comments section.
”Hey, I’m Adeel Qadir From Pakistan, A Professional Web Developer, Software Engineer, I.T Consultant, Blogger, Affiliate Marketer, and Founder of NewAgeBlogging.com. A blog that provides authentic information regarding blogging, SEO, Affiliate Marketing, and how to Earn Money Online with blogging and other platforms.